Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time to Knit


When I sat down in my chair the other night and picked up my knitting needles (yep, I stop spinning every once in awhile), I realized it was already July and I know you don't want me to say it, but Winter will be here before we know it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rush it, I can definitely wait for it, but I know that before long, I'll be thinking, "wow it's cold where the heck did Summer go." While I'm pulling out my sweaters and sweats, I'll also be wishing I had been knitting all those warm Winter things I've been dreaming of knitting while I was just sitting in my chair thinking about what I want to make.

So I got started and I'm determined to get some of those cozy Winter items finished so that you and I will be able to enjoy them this Winter.

Today I finished up a pink and green chunky cowl with fun matching fat flower pins.

I also finished a knit purple (eggplant, I think it's called) cowl that I love, but the pictures didn't show off the color very well so I'll try to get some better shots tomorrow.

I'm also working on a intarsia cowl with great shades of heathered purples (seems to be my color of choice these days). Hope to show that off soon.

Oh and of course, a new handspun yarn finished drying today. Fun hand dyed shades of yellow and orange, spun thick and thin. "Here comes the sun."

Off to knit or spin or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment